Windows 10 Connect app allows the users to project their Android smartphone onto their Windows PC screen. This is a convenient way of watching your favorite shows on a bigger screen.
However, many users are unable to connect their Android phones to Windows 10 PC’s connect app. After taping on connect, the Connect app shows the following on the screen.
“PC ready for you to connect Wirelessly. Protected connect cannot be viewed on this device”.
This issue can occur suddenly and even if you were able to connect wirelessly without any issues before.
If you are also troubled by this issue, here is how to fix it and successfully project your Android wireless display to Windows 10 Connect app.
Steps to fix Connect app not working with Android Wireless Display
1. Disable Windows Defender Firewall
So the fix that worked and allowed us to cast an Android device to Windows 10 Connect app was to disable the Windows Defender Firewall.
The Firewall is an essential part of your computer, however, while casting is in progress you can turn it off and turn it back on when required.
- On your Windows system, click on Start and select Settings.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Open “Firewall and Network Protection”.
- Click on “Domain Network” and turn off the Windows Firewall.
- Next, select “Private Network” and turn off the Windows Firewall as well.
- Do the same for “Public Network” as well.
- Relaunch the Connect app.
- On your Android device, go to Settings > Wireless Display.
- Tap on your PC name to connect.
Disabling the Windows Defender Firewall should help you to fix the Connect app not working with the Android Wireless Display issue.
However, make sure you enable Windows Defender Firewall once again after disconnecting the device.
2. Install Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter
If the issue persists, try installing Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter from the Microsoft Store.
According to Microsoft, it provides setting and firmware updates for the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.
- Install Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter from here.
- Wait for the adapter to install.
- Restart the computer and open the Connect app.
- Try connecting the Wireless display from your Android smartphone.
This method may not work for everyone and has a very slim chance of working. However, do give it a try to resolve the issue.
3. Update Windows firmware
If the issue persists, try updating the Windows OS to the latest version. Microsoft releases KB update frequently to fix bugs and performance issues.
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Under Windows Update, make sure the latest update is installed.
- If not, download and install the pending updates.
The Connect app in Windows 10 makes it easy to project your Android phone onto the PC. You can watch multimedia content, stream videos and browse the web and also play games.
You can resolve the Windows 10 Connect app issue with Android Wireless Display by disabling the Windows Defender Firewall.
However, if the issue does not resolve the first time. Restart both your Windows 10 computer and the Android phone and try again.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: