Updating your phone to the latest software version being rolled out by the company is always exciting. Because updating your phone to the latest software version brings different, new and better features and it also improves the user experience. So if you are a Samsung smartphone user but still not aware about the latest update and looking to update your device to the latest version, this guide will help you to update Samsung phone using Kies.
Today in this guide you will learn how you can keep your Samsung phone up to date. In order to update your Samsung smartphone follow the below-given steps carefully.
What is Kies?
The Samsung Kies is an official Samsung phone suite available for PC. It helps you in taking backup of your Samsung smartphone and managing files and other data on your PC.
It also helps you to update your Samsung Phone’s software to the latest version available using the PC. So, if you want to update your Samsung Galaxy smartphone using Kies, here is how to do it.
Note: Samsung currently recommends using Smart Switch as a replacement for Kies.
Update Your Samsung Phone Using Kies
- First of all download the Samsung Kies from the Official Website.
- Once successfully downloaded, install it.
- After installing, Launch Samsung Kies.
- Now with the help of a data cable, connect your Samsung device to your PC.
Note: Before updating your Samsung phone, it’s better to take a backup of your device, since it’s an updating process.
- Now you will be able to see your device Model Number on the top left side of the window.
- Now a new window will pop-up on the right side of the Kies.
- Now go to Firmware Information Tab in Kies.
- If any new firmware update is available for your Samsung device, then you will see a message written ”New Firmware Available”.
- If the update is available, then just press on the ”Firmware Upgrade” button.
- A new window will appear and the updating process will get started, you will be prompted to further steps including Download, Upgrade and then Complete.
- At last, your device will automatically Reboot and a message will appear saying ”It’s now safe to disconnect your device from your PC”, you can just click on OK.
That’s all you need to do. By following the above steps correctly, you can update your Samsung phone firmware to the latest version.
In order to check whether your phone is updated or not, just go to Settings > About Phone.
As I said above, if you don’t prefer using the Samsung Kies, you can always use the better and improved Smart Switch by Samsung that is available on their website.