Sometime when trying to paste an image into the MS Paint app, you may encounter the ‘the information on the clipboard can’t be inserted into paint’ error.
This error is usually triggered by a temporary glitch and you can fix it with a quick restart. However, sometime the error may require proper troubleshooting to fix it.
In this article, we have put together a couple of quick and easy fixes to resolve the ‘the information on the clipboard can’t be inserted into paint’ error in Windows 10.
Troubleshoot the information on the clipboard can’t be inserted into paint error
1. Perform a quick restart
Fixing the information on the clipboard can’t be inserted into paint error for me was easy. I only had to perform a quick restart and the error was resolve after the restart. Make sure you save all the openwork and then restart the PC.
After the restart, open the paint app and try pasting an image to see if the error is resolved.
2. Boot into Safe Mode with networking
Booting into Safe Mode makes it easy to diagnose the issue and understand what is causing the error. Here’s how to do it.
- Press Windows Key + R. This will open the Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig.msc and click OK.
- In the System Configuration window, open the Boot
- Under Boot options, check the ‘Safe Boot’ box.
- Next, select the Network option.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Click the Restart button when prompted.
- Windows will restart in Safe Boot mode.
- Use the Print Screen button to capture a screenshot and try pasting it in the MS Paint app.
- If you reproduce the error, proceed with other steps.
If you can paste the content into the MS Paint app without any error, then check for a third-party program conflict. Third-party apps can interfere with the functioning of the system apps resulting in errors.
Disable Startup apps
Restart your computer to get out of the Safe Mode and boot normally. Then try disabling the startup apps to make sure startups are not triggering the error.
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Open the Startup tab.
- Disable all the startup apps that are enabled. Make sure you take note of the apps that you disable.
- Now restart your Windows PC and try using the Paint app.
- If the error is resolved, try enabling any of the disabled Startup apps and restart your computer. Do this for all the apps one by one until the error is triggered again.
- Once you find the app causing the error, uninstall it from Control Panel.
Windows offers an easy way to copy and paste content across the apps. You can simply copy an image from the internet, paste it into the MS Paint app, and save the image.
However, sometime you may encounter the ‘the information on the clipboard can’t be inserted into paint’ error which prevents you from pasting any content to the Paint app.
Follow the steps in this article and you should be able to resolve the error and get your precious little Paint app working again.