If you are also one of those iTunes users looking for a guide which will assist you step by step to find and remove duplicate audio files from your iTunes library then you are at the right place. The existence of duplicate audio files not only consume your iTunes storage but also makes your device a bit heavy in terms of performance. Playing same audio again and again due to duplicate files may be frustrating to many of its users so it’s better to delete duplicate files in iTunes. T
The below given method should work on macOS Sierra and older versions. So in order to remove duplicate files from iTunes follow the below given method.
Use iTunes Settings to Remove Duplicate Files in iTunes
- First, go to iTunes.
- Now go to Files.
- Under Files, click on Library.
- Now you will see an option written “show duplicate items” click on it.
- You will see the list of all duplicate audio files in your Library, you can just right click on any files and delete it.
So this is how you can delete duplicate audio files from iTunes using iTunes settings.
How to Disable Import of Duplicate Songs
You only need to delete duplicate files if they exist. If you can stop duplicates files from being added to the iTunes, no need of deleting as well. Here is how to do it.
- Firstly open iTunes and go to Preferences.
- In Preferences, go to Advanced tab.
- Now you will see options ”Keep iTunes Media folder organised” and ”Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library”, make sure you have checked on both of them.
- Once done, click on the Reset Warning option to save the settings.
- So this is how you can easily disable import of duplicate songs.
How to Remove Duplicate Files in iTunes using Third Party Software
To make your task easier you can also use third party software to remove duplicate audio files from your iTunes library. There are lots of removal software available in the store, and one of the best of those is “Tune Sweeper 4″.
This software will help you to find the duplicate audio files easily and will also remove it. Other than removing, this software also offers some other cool features and it is available to buy for an amount of $12.99.
So these were the methods to find and remove duplicate files in your iTunes. If you are looking for any specific guide that we haven’t covered, then use our Contact us form and we shall try to create a tutorial for the problem.